This program is aimed at imparting specialist knowledge and buildingcompetency-based skillsets in the area of Logistics and Supply Chain Management. The Indian logistics sector in the last decade has shown remarkable growth, improving its Logistics Performance Index rank from 54 in 2014 to 35th presently. Improved infrastructure, technological advancements and regulations and policy boost in the form of GST, has further led to the rise of this sector, impacting every industry ranging from manufacturing, services and Ecommerce.
With the recent announcement of National Logistics Policy, the organized Logistics sector requires best talent to be trained and retained but is facing significant skills shortages as new recruits lack the technical skills for 21st century roles.On the other hand, many academic courses, currently offered in this domain, are struggling to keep pace and to develop the practical skillsets required, for closer alignment between businesses and Higher Education University.Contrary to the general perception that logistics is a low-skilled industry, this course creates an awareness for the diversity of the roles and the career paths available to the students
- Industry integrated competency-based education - curriculum developed and delivered by the Logistics and Supply Chain industry experts.
- Partnership between an apex industry body like CII and Amity, India's top private university.
- Deep industry engagement in-terms of guest lectures, CII events, visits etc.
- Importance given to Soft Skills to produce a better class of professionals.
- Analyse factors of Production & Resources in Business
- Effectively plan distribution channel and aftermarket with reverse logistics
- Develop procurement plan and prepare negotiation plans
- Plan improvements in storage designs, equipment and operating methods
- Examine complexities of global trade and develop outsourcing management framework
- Organize transportation by Rail, Road, Air and Sea
- Familiarize with range of product solutions in the L/SCM domain
- Use important tools for managers to improve value to customers
Program Structure MBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The program structure outlined below, is designed to address the increasing demand for enhanced industry competitiveness, integration of new technologies, and digital upskilling.Semester 1
- Principal Organizational Functions
- Economic Foundations of Business
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management Essentials
- Strategic Operations Management
- Business Value Management
- Data Visualization and Analytics
- Global Trade Management
- Freight Transport Management
- Information systems in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Intra-Logistics Engineering and Automation
- Warehousing and Inventory Management
- Commercial Regulations and Compliances
- Supply Chain Outsourcing
- Distribution and Channel Development
- Supply Management
- Project and Change Management
- Entrepreneurship and Value Creation
- CSR, Environment and Sustainability
*Each Semester includes Value added courses such as Foreign Business Language, Business Communication and Behavioural Science
**Each semester has deeper industry engagement as Non-Teaching Credit Course (Guest Lectures, Seminar, Workshops, Industry Visits and CII Events Participation